“How we spend our days,
is of course,
how we spend our lives.”
— Annie Dillard
- Think about the day ahead: What meetings, conversations, and key activities are on your calendar?
- In light of that ask yourself, “What matters most today?”
- Consider how you want to show up in your day, the kind of attitude you want to bring and the impact you most want to have on people and projects.
During the Day
- Take SMART Breaks Every 90 Minutes to Refuel and Reboot (Especially while doing complex thinking or problem-solving)
- A Smart Break can be as simple as:
- Stretching your legs
- Breathing mindfully for a minute or two
- Walking and getting a change of scenery
- Connecting with a colleague
- We are coming out of the COVID dark time. Get out there and have a good day.
Thanks to Bridgette Theurer for her contribution to this month’s Practice of the Month. To learn more about Bridgette and her work check out